Registered Nurse Peritoneal
As a Peritoneal Dialysis Registered Nurse (PD RN), you educate your patients on how to do their own dialysis from their homes, and you take responsibility for the complete ongoing care of each patient to ensure their treatment stays on track. You will work a Monday to Friday schedule-yet your impact on the lives of our patients will be felt every day.
Come be apart of our MO - PD Team !
If you haven't considered Nephrology nursing before, read on as we think that you should. Dialysis Experience is NOT required.
What you can expect:
* Complexities - You multitask in myriad ways - put down one patient's chart, start another, work with a physician, run out to get a medication, respond to a supplier's request - with lots of loose ends to pull together and a lot of follow up. It's challenging, fun and keeps your day fresh.
* Educator - Empower your patients by teaching them to administer their own dialysis and to take their health back into their own hands. If you feel your calling has always been to be both a nurse and educator, then you will love your work as a home hemodialysis registered nurse. Training patients takes time and mental energy and the rewards of that investment come in seeing the transformation of your patients from feeling sick and afraid, to strong and independent.
* Autonomy - Provide comprehensive patient care in an independent setting. Plan to be on your toes at all times. You use your mind constantly. You apply your \"core\" nursing skills to assess, diagnose and implement complete care plans as you look at the whole patient. There's a lot to track and manage and the joy comes in witnessing how your care impacts patients' lives.
What we'll provide:
* In-classroom and hands on training: if you are new to dialysis, we'll provide a 12 week paid training and the support to guide you through to becoming a nephrology nurse.
* Opportunity for a nursing career for a lifetime. DaVita is committed to providing robust development and experience for nurses. Whether you chose to remain in a patient facing/caregiving role or grow (leadership operations, corporate functions, integrated care, clinical research), we can guide you on that journey.
* Education assistance and license reimbursement: annual $3,000 tuition reimbursement and potential $25,000 scholarship opportunity. CNN and CDN certification reimbursement.
* 3000+ locations across the U.S. for wherever life may take you.
* Comprehensive benefits package: including medical, dental, vision, 401k plan, $2,500 cash gift for new parents, back-up child and elder care and so much more
Some details about this position:
* Your 12 weeks of training will include a combination of classroom and hands-on learning, through DaVita's award-winning training programs
* Training may take place in a facility or a training clinic other than your home clinic
* Hours of work may vary during the training period
* You must be flexible and there is also the potential to float to various clinics during and after your training within the MO area *
* You must be flexible to work \" on call \" once training is completed - \" on call \" would be via phone and would be on a rotating schedule
* Current / Good standing - Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state of MO
* Minimum of 12 months' of RN experience is required *
* Current driver's license, reliable transportation, and vehicle insurance in state of residence
* Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
* Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. nice-to-haves):
* Previous Chronic Hemodialysis, Acute Dialysis and/or Home Hemodialysis (HHD) nursing experience preferred
* Training/Teaching/Healthcare Education background preferred
* Case management experience preferred
* Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN) or Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) preferred
Ready to make a difference in the lives of patients? Take the first step at
Nurses: if this isn't the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at ...@davita.com or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.
Associated topics: ambulatory, care, coronary, hospice, infusion, intensive care, intensive care unit, nurse, nurse rn, registed