With over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 associates in major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S. CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ) delivers top-level financial and employee business services to organizations of all sizes, as well as individual clients, by providing national-caliber expertise combined with highly personalized service delivered at the local level. CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions: 2018 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE, 2018 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence, and one of the Top 101 highest scoring companies in the country for Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources.
The Sales/Use Tax and Tax Incentives Senior Manager will function as part of the overall Kansas City SALT team. They will provide strategic services directly to clients and manage and develop staff.
Essential Functions and Primary Duties
- Oversee projects on multiple client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries
- Plan and perform multi state sales/use tax refund services
- Utilize skills and experience with state tax credits, incentives, site ans location analysis to help build a service delivery team and drive credit and incentive services to firm clients and prospects
- Demonstrate sound judgement and instincts with respect to evaluating complex scenarios involving various credits and incentives opportunities
- Manage, develop, train and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year end reviews
- Market, sell, design and implement innovative tax-planning strategies for clients
- Develop a full range of SALT services including tax research and preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence and counseling client in defending against state audits
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor s degree required; Master s degree preferred in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- 7 years experience in public accounting or related field
- 5 years supervisory
- Must have and preserve required licenses
- Ability to manage deadlines, work on multiple assignments and prioritize each assignment as necessary
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Must be able to travel based on business needs
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
CBIZ is an equal opportunity employer and reviews applications for employment without regard to the applicant's race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, marital status, military status, veteran status, sexual orientation, disability, or medical condition or any other reason prohibited by law. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.
PAY TRANSPARENCY PROTECTION NOTIFICATION