The employer is a multinational company involved in the protection, rehabilitation, engineering and design of infrastructure projects for a wide range of industries, including oil and gas, water, mining, and wastewater
- Ensures the success of our Total Rewards programs through analysis and insights of programs, employees, and market trends.
- Leads Aegion's global Total Rewards function to effectively design, implement and manage the compensation and benefits strategy, philosophy, programs, policies, and initiatives.
- Manages the design, implementation and administration of compensation programs including salary structure development and administration, and annual incentive programs while ensuring the programs are aligned with the overall business goals and objectives of the company.
- Leads the development of a cost-effective health, welfare and wellness plan design that is competitive with the marketplace, and for keeping abreast of employee plans and programs developments, trends/issues and informing HR Leadership Team/senior executives thereof.
- Collaborates and provides a consultative approach to Business Partners and relevant clients to develop and execute local compensation solutions to meet the needs of daily operations and unique business situations. Provide consultative advice to managers and HR Business Partners on total rewards strategy and policy interpretation.
- Partners with Finance during the budgeting process and throughout the year regarding benefits and retirement costs.
- Develops, coaches, mentors and manages a team of total rewards professionals. Motivates staff; reviews and assesses performance, develops and builds employee skills, supports their professional development and enables employees to optimize their contribution to the department.
- Prepares presentations, materials and technical analyses for quarterly Compensation Committee meetings.
- Leads the development of the health and welfare benefits strategy and direct the design, implementation, communication and cost control of health and welfare benefit programs for employees globally.
- Develops training programs to educate leaders, managers and colleagues on the company's compensation and benefits programs.
- Communicates effectively across the organization and develops strategic partnerships with Executive Leadership, Operations Leadership, Legal and Finance teams.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for expatriate employees related to benefits and compensation matters.
- Leads total rewards aspects of all merger, acquisition, restructure and divestiture activities.
- Manages total rewards budget.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent; Masters degree MBA and/or advanced certification (CCP, CBP, CEP or SPHR) preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in broad-based design and implementation of medical benefits and compensation programs for both exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Experience working closely with the Compensation Committee of a publicly traded company as well as external compensation and benefits consultants.
- Leadership skills balanced with a willingness to play a 'hands-on' role with key projects.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills required to effectively communicate total rewards strategies at all levels, from administrative to the C-Suite.
- Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively to effectively translate data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
- Experience with M&A, participated in the total rewards aspects of mergers, acquisitions, restructurings and divestitures.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, growing environment.
- Global experience in multiple countries.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local regulations, as well as legislation that impacts compensation/pay.
- Strong ability to build relationships cross-functionally and partner with leaders to deliver solutions that meet the business needs.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) is required.
- Prior experience working in JDE, Workday and MarketPay is a plus.
Associated topics: benefit specialist, compensation, employee, enrollment, hr, human resource, hunter, interview, recruiter, talent management